Reading Time: 1 minute
For a small business or start-up this can be as simple as creating a Facebook page or using a Site Builder such as Wix or Squarespace. As your business grows you will want to look at getting a professionally built website.
What do you need to have a website?
- A domain name, this is the address where to find your website.
- Web Hosting, this is the computer that serves your site to the Internet and the disk-space where it is stored.
- Images, the visual part of your site.
- Content, the words that describe the story you wish to communicate to your clients.
- Back-end code, PHP, database used to configure and run your site.
- Page load speed, to provide a usable experience to visitors.
- Search Engine Optimisation, to make it easy for client to find your site.
- Keeping the content fresh with monthly updates.
- Call to action buttons, to connect you with potential clients.
- A security certificate, to allow visitors to trust your site.
- Visitor Analytics, to monitore how visitors are using your site.